Casual Research Assistant position under the supervision of Dr. Codruta Ignea
Department of Bioengineering, Faculty of Engineering
• To operate and perform maintenance of the laboratory equipment.
• To operate and perform maintenance of the GC-MS instruments
• To establish GC-MS methods for analysis of different classes of compounds
• To perform analysis of relevant standard compounds
• To develop calibration curves for compound identification based on literature and in house standard compound analysis.
• To refresh existing biological material, such as DNA constructs and yeast samples for further preparation of control extracts for calibration of the GC-MS instrument
• To prepare yeast extracts of selected samples for identification of different type of compounds by GC-MS
• To prepare and organize lab orders of consumables and other materials required for operation of lab equipment.
• To set up routine protocols for operation and safety procedure related to lab equipment.
• Graduated from BEng in Bioengineering
• Knowledge and interest in Synthetic Biology and Metabolic Engineering.
What to do in this positino